Proceeding and author guidelines
The submissions should contain original, high quality, not submitted or published elsewhere work. Papers should strictly follow the IFMBE proceedings format and have a page limit of 4 pages or 1 page abstract.
Papers and abstracts will be reviewed by at least two reviewers.
All accepted 4-page papers which are presented at the conference will be included in the proceedings of EMBEC 2017 that will be published by Springer in IFMBE conference proceedings series.
IFMBE Proceedings Series is being cited in the following bibliographic databases: SCOPUS, ISI-Proceedings -The Institute of Scientific Information-Proceedings, SpringerLink, Google Scholar.
Extended versions of selected papers of the conference will be invited for publication in special issues of the Springer, IEEE, and other International Journals (SCI Indexed).
Procedure for EMBEC’17 & NBC’17 Papers
- PREPARING YOUR SUBMISSION
- Download the template
- Write the paper according to the instructions, either
- 4-page paper, or
- 1-page abstract only
- Compliance with Ethical Requirements: All authors must comply to Springer’s ethical policies and include statements in their manuscripts declaring whether there are any conflicts of interest with their paper.
- Permissions: If excerpts from copyrighted works (including websites) such as illustrations, tables, animations, or text quotations are included in your manuscript, please obtain permission from the copyright holder (usually the original publisher).
- Go to the webpage of the conference service: https://ocs.springer.com/ocs/home/EMBEC-NBC2017
- Registrate and login, choose “Submission”.
- Title: Give the title of your paper
- Keywords: Give the keywords of your paper
- Sessions: Please select one. Choose either:
- the theme to which you are submitting your paper
- if you have agreed to submit a paper to a Special Session, choose the correct one. By moving the cursor over the name of the special session, you can see the name of the organizer of that session.
- In case of submitting 4-page paper, Copy the Abstract chapter from your 4-page paper to the Abstract box.
- In case of submitting 1-page abstract only, write “Submission of one page abstract” to the Abstract box.
- List of authors: Give the names, email addresses and affiliations of all authors. Press the green button for each of them and choose the contact person.
- Paper document: In both cases, attach your paper prepared according to the template as pdf
- Source archive (ZIP): Leave empty.
- Copyright Form: Attach the signed paper submission/copyright form.
- Press “Submit”.
- You will get a confirmation on your paper submission from ocs-admin[at]springer.com, containing the time-table for the evaluation and decision.
- You will get the decision by April 7th, 2017, which will be:
- Acceptance of the paper as such
- Conditional acceptance: you should edit the paper and resubmit within few days, according to the deadline given with the decision
- 1-page abstract can only be presented as a poster (except invited talks in Special Sessions)
- In the registration form, you will be asked, whether you prefer a poster or an oral presentation. If you wish to express your preference, please register latest on April 20th, 2017
- Presentation guidelines will be published later.